Duration: 7 Days
Tour around Morocco and ascent on Jebel Toubkal (4167m)
Meeting date: 6th September 2018
The Atlas massif is a true adventure for all lovers of hiking and untouched nature. It connects Morocco, Algeria and Tunis. In addition to ascending the highest peak of North Africa – Toubkal (4167m) – we will visit the ancient cities of Morocco and their most interesting cultural monuments. You will be surprised how many streams flow from all around, in a seemingly desert landscape. Massive waterfalls in the mountains seem especially unreal because you are in North Africa.
The village of Imlil is most fascinating, hidden among a thousand walnut trees. Starry skies above the Himalayas are a unique experience, admittedly, but in the mountains of North Africa their beauty is just as impressive. Sunrise is a memorable experience. The first rays of sun spread across the village like a hand fan, illuminating the houses and tree tops. Breakfast on the terrace with the aroma of local dishes mixed with the fresh morning air will bring peace to anyone.The locals live in simple houses with a flat roof, located in a drained swamp area. They speak mostly Berber, Arabic or French. They live in an interesting community and are very hospitable. Before you even manage to look around, you’ll find yourself surprised by this unusual journey full of sun rays, snowy peaks, new experiences and fun moments.
Price: 880 €
The price includes:
– Minibus transfers from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport
– Train transfer from Casablanca – Marrakech – Casablanca
– Minibus transport on the route Marrakech – Imlil – Marrakesh
– Accommodation in 3* in Casablanca based on half board in 1/2 rooms
– Accommodation in 3* hotel in Marrakech based on half board in 1/2 rooms
– Accommodation in 3 * guesthouse in Imlil based on full board in 1/2 rooms
– Accommodation in 2 * mountain chalet ”Toubkal” based on full board
– Professional guide during the trek
– Trekking permits (TIMS) and fee for National Park
– Expenses of organization
The price does not include:
– International Health Insurance
– Visa for Morocco
– Water, alcohol, beverages etc.
– Individual visits to museums and other cultural and historical heritages
Guide in Morocco:
Kenan Muftić, UIAA mountain guide, Extreme Summit Team
The equipment that we recommend:
1. Backpack (about 50l)
2. Sleeping bag
3. Trekking trousers (twill or the like)
4. Gore-Tex jacket (or anything waterproof)
5. Hiking shoes or deep snickers
6. Socks (thermal + cotton)
7. Cotton shirts
8. Base layer shirt and thermal long underwear pants (active underwear)
9. Woolen cap (or polar)
10. Hat (sun protection)
11. Polar pullover
12. Gloves (polar)
13. Towel and toiletries kit
15. Lamp (ordinary)
16. Water Bottle 1L
17. Medicines and vitamins (Aspirin, Brufen, FlonivinBS, Vitamin C, etc.)
18. Toilet paper, sunscreen (factor 30 or higher) + lip cream
For more details please contact us at email@example.com
When standing on the highest peak of North Africa, Jebel Toubkal (4167m) looking down on magnificent landscape below, one has the impression of standing on the tops of two different mountains in two different continents. The pictures do not tell much of the Berber culture and their hospitality, nor of the village of Imlil with its thousands of walnut trees. It is something that should be experienced…
Watch our latest video, “The Rickshaw Race” from the Tibet MTB Expedition!
This is a map of our World Adventures
Check out where we've been!
Click on the desired region for more details.
I enjoyed EST expeditions and made very good friends, who I have been in regular contact with ever since. I experienced and learned a lot during the two expeditions I went to with Extreme Summit Team. I appreciate the way in which Dragan does his job. His knowledge of the secrets of the Himalayas inspires confidence in each member of the expedition and my opinion is that he is capable to lead to the top of the mountain even people with modest mountaineering skills. I am always pleased to recommend EST team to all my colleagues who would like to experience the challenges of high mountain climbing
“I came to know Dragan and his extremist team somewhat too late. I had climbed and walked across the mountains for over thirty years (it is not just the air but the spirit of mountains), but never much farther than Mt. Durmitor and Mt. Prokletije and never higher than Mt. Olympus. For a long time I thought I could not go farther or higher until I met Dragan who is familiar with paths that lead far and beyond and high up in the air and joined him when I was sixty something, for the time being just to the Himalayas, the Andes, Mt. Atlas. Sounds incomplete, doesn’t it?
I was fortunate enough to be a member of three expeditions organized by EST: Island peak, Aconcagua and Cho Oyu. They are true professionals, good and likeable people who not only provide technical assistance but also offer spiritual development. It was an honor to meet Dragan, Miloš and Nina who made gravity have less of an effect on me.